Why volunteer or intern with us?
- Get certified to be a facilitator in schools providing prevention education
- Get scholarships to become an addictions professional
- Receive training to become a grant writer
- Attend addictions conferences to learn about the field
- Get active on the state level! We’ll train you to be an advocate to speak to legislators about making prevention, treatment, and recovery a priority
MARKETING & MEDIA CAMPAIGNS...
- Help to develop a marketing plan for Reality Check to serve more people
- Create a media plan that includes social media, radio ads, news articles etc
- Recruit graphic designers, communications, and more to help design ads
- Help design and distribute educational materials to schools and businesses
- Create recovery videos for the website, for theaters, for schools
EVENTS AND CAMPAIGN ORGANIZING...
- Work on prescription take-backs events disposing of prescription drugs
- Recruit youth and choose from a variety of youth campaigns to do
- Partner with civic agencies (Lions, Elks, Rotary, Kiwanis) on youth events
- Organize events for community members
- Work with businesses to update policies to support people with addictions
- Ask town offices to promote alcohol-free and smoke-free events
- Encourage pharmacies to install prescription drug disposal boxes
- Encourage businesses to have smoke-free campuses
- Be a recovery speaker for events
- Help coordinate and set up prevention and recovery events
RAISE MONEY TO CONTINUE THE WORK...
Help with fundraising — writing grants, organize events, asking for individual and corporate donations, business sponsorships, and setting up online platforms.
Volunteers can help organize events, work with youth, attend trainings, fundraise, design media plans, or even go to DC! Volunteers and interns complete an application and criminal background check.
You are .....
- Professional in appearance and have a friendly manner
- Dependable and on-time
- Courteous & friendly, and do not use vulgarity in public
- Self-directed and detail-oriented
- Able to maintain confidentiality
You get .....
- Attend general volunteer orientation
- Office orientation (phone, records, documentation)
- Training relevant to your interests paid for by us
- Weekly supervision