The Recovery Community Center - coming soon!
We are working to secure a vacant school in Jaffrey, NH, and rehab it to become a Recovery Community Center providing recovery services for peoplewith or without a substance use issue. We need your help to get it done! Please consider making a donation today!
Services At The Center
Recovery Coaches provide support, guidance, and encouragement to build strong recovery and a support network. We'll help you build community connections, be reunified with family, and get employment, housing, and other needed assistance.
- Identify your strengths and personal attributes
- Outline life goals and create a wellness plan
- Look at legal, familial, and economic issues
- Help you earn a GED, diploma, or degree
- Improve financial education and credit score
- Provide recovery follow-up for up to 3 years
- Use recovery-oriented employment services to build your resume, teach interview skills, job search, or start a business
Coaches are mobile and can travel to emergency rooms, businesses, homes, and schools — wherever they are needed.
Become A Recovery Coach
We offer the Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR) Recovery Coach Academy (RCA), CCAR Ethics, and our RCAPLUS 3 times a year.
- Recovery Coach Academy: $100
- Recovery Ethics: $35
- RCAPLUS: $35
- Scholarships are available
We'll also help you meet the Certified Recovery Support Worker (CRSW) certification requirements and to become a provider with the state of NH.
A six-hour post-academy seminar, RCAPLUS is for graduates of the Recovery Coach Academy & Ethics who want to become Reality Check recovery coaches. Itcovers:
- personal accountability
- rules of engagement for professionals
- motivational interviewing and active listening
- confidentiality laws
- Monadnock Region Resources overview
To be a Recovery Coach for Reality Check, you need to complete the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy and Recovery Ethics, the RCAPLUS seminar, a background check, and an application.
A variety of support meetings include:
- AA, Ala-non, Ala-Teen, ACOA
- NA and Nar-anon for families
- Veterans and Their Families
- Moms and Dads in Recovery
- Overeating Anonymous
- Gambling Anonymous
- Self-Harming and other trauma-based groups
- Grandparents Raising Grand-kids
- FASTER Parent group
- Families of Deceased Loved Ones
- LGBTQ group
* Volunteers provide transportation to meetings — please call to set up a ride.
Provided on-site, Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselors (LADCs) will conduct walk-in assessments, individual, group, and family counseling, and create treatment plans andrecovery services plans. (available once the center is built)
Volunteers provide transportation to detox facilities, residential treatment, or medication-assisted treatment.
Telephone Support Check-ins
Volunteers conduct daily, weekly, and monthly phone check-ins to see how things are going, and let you know about recovery events and volunteer opportunities.
We want you to feel a sense of belonging and that you are part of a larger community — we are here for you, and you can count on that.
Checks-ins serve as an additional support to help keep your recovery strong in those moments you might not feel so strong.
Want someone to call you? Let us know -- 800-277-5852.
Promoting Health & Wellness
Partnering agencies will come to The Recovery Center and offer a variety of things you can do to improve your health including:
- smoking cessation
- nutrition & cooking
- meditation and yoga
- martial arts
- parenting classes
- wilderness adventures
- rock climbing
- workshops on financial education, repairing credit, coping, communication skills, regulating emotions, and resolving crises
- training on Naloxone (Narcan) administration
- training leading to addictions credentialing
Is there something else you would like to see at The Center? contact us to let us know.
Need Health Insurance?
Get help signing up for health insurance and other benefits, and making appointments with your doctor and dentist (we'll help you get a doctor or dentist if you don't have one). These are some important first steps to get you started in your new life in recovery.
Need A Confidence Boost?
You know how good you feel after a great haircut? Well, you also get a free haircut before that big interview to add the final touches so you shine!
Need a Meeting Right Now?
Help us raise money to build The Recovery Center! Click on the link below to learn all about it: