The Recovery Community Center - coming soon!
We are working to buy a vacant school in Jaffrey, NH, and rehab it as our Recovery Community Center, serving people with or without a substance use issue. We need your help to get it done so please consider making a donation today!
Services At The Center
Get A Recovery Coach
Recovery Coaches provide support, guidance, and encouragement to build strong recovery and a support network. We'll help you build community connections, be reunified with family, and get employment, housing, and other needed assistance.
- Identify your strengths and personal attributes
- Outline life goals and create a wellness plan
- Look at legal, familial, and economic issues
- Help you earn a GED, diploma, or degree
- Improve financial education and credit score
- Provide recovery follow-up for up to 3 years
- Use recovery-oriented employment services to build your resume, teach interview skills, job search, or start a business
Coaches are mobile and can travel to emergency rooms, businesses, homes, and schools — wherever they are needed.
Become A Recovery Coach
We offer the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy (RCA) and Ethics, and our RCA-Plus three times a year.
- Recovery Coach Academy: $100
- Recovery Ethics: $45
- RCA-Plus: $45
This new 6-hour training is available for Recovery Coaches and anyone considering becoming a Recovery Coach. Participants will increase skills sets to become a comprehensively effective Recovery Coach. The trainer is Amy Reynelli, MLADC, LMHC and covers:
- Self-Care: Burnout & Compassion Fatigue
- Trauma: Issues, ACEs, & Informed Care
- Addiction & Recovery: Language Matters
- Understanding Recovery & Recovery Culture
- Drug Classes: Opiates, Marijuana, Stimulants
- Cultural Competency– Multiculturalism & LGBTQ
- Special Considerations in a Homogeneous Region
- Rules of Engagement: boundaries, accountability, & confidentiality
- Motivational Interviewing & Active Listening
- Review of Monadnock Region Resources
*To be a Recovery Coach for Reality Check, you need to complete the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy, Recovery Ethics, the RCA-Plus, Suicide, HIV, a background check, and volunteer application.
*To become a CRSW - Call the NH Board of Licensing for Alcohol & Other Drug Use Professionals, and request a licensing packet. The packet will outline the requirements for you.
NH Board of Licensing for Alcohol & Other Drug Use Professionals
121 Fruit Street, Concord, NH 03301
- AA, Ala-non, Ala-Teen, ACOA
- NA and Nar-anon for families
- Veterans and Their Families
- Moms and Dads in Recovery
- Overeating Anonymous
- Gambling Anonymous
- Self-Harming and other trauma-based groups
- Grandparents Raising Grand-kids
- FASTER Parent group
- Families of Deceased Loved Ones
- LGBTQ group
* Volunteers provide transportation to meetings — please call to set up a ride.
* We are always looking for facilitators to volunteer their time to provide support groups, and for new ideas for groups not yet listed.
On-site, Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselors (LADCs) will conduct walk-in assessments, individual, group, and family counseling, and create treatment plans andrecovery services plans. (available once the center is built)
Volunteers provide transportation to detox facilities, residential treatment, or medication-assisted treatment.
Telephone Support Check-ins
Volunteers conduct daily, weekly, and monthly phone check-ins to see how things are going, and let you know about recovery events and volunteer opportunities.
We want you to feel a sense of belonging and that you are part of a larger community — we are here for you, and you can count on that.
Checks-ins serve as an additional support to help keep your recovery strong in those moments you might not feel so strong.
Want someone to call you? Let us know -- 800-277-5852.
Promoting Health & Wellness
Partnering agencies will come to The Recovery Center and offer a variety of things you can do to improve your health including:
- smoking cessation
- nutrition & cooking
- meditation and yoga
- martial arts
- parenting classes
- wilderness adventures
- rock climbing
- workshops on financial education, repairing credit, coping, communication skills, regulating emotions, and resolving crises
- training on Naloxone (Narcan) administration
- training leading to addictions credentialing
Is there something else you would like to see at The Center? contact us to let us know.
Need Health Insurance?
Get help signing up for health insurance and other benefits, and making appointments with your doctor and dentist (we'll help you get a doctor or dentist if you don't have one). These are some important first steps to get you started in your new life in recovery.
Need A Confidence Boost?
You know how good you feel after a great haircut? Well, you also get a free haircut before that big interview to add the final touches so you shine!
Need a Meeting Right Now?
- http://www.nhaa.net/find-a- meeting/
- Statewide Treatment Resources in NH
- National Treatment Resources
- Granite Mountain Area NA Meetings
802 - 773 - 5575
- Alcohol & Drug Crisis Intervention:
- Focus on Recovery Helpline:
- Veteran's Crisis Line
1-800-273-8255 or 801-1494
Email: vetsrecover @ yahoo.com