Looking to start or finish a degree but need help paying for it? Visit financial aid resources
Want to work in addictions?
We're here to help you.
And for every 2 hours of volunteering you do,
we will pay up to $50 toward the cost of a training!
Whether you want to work in Prevention, Treatment, or Recovery, you need to be certified.
- Certified Recover Support Worker (CRSW)
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC)
- Master Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (MLADC)
- Licensed Clinical Supervisor (LCS)
- Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS)
A list of available trainings to meet certification requirements can be found here.
Contact Glenda Hanscom for a licensing packet:
NH Board of Licensing -
Alcohol & Other Drug Use Professionals
121 Fruit Street, Concord, NH 03301
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 271-6761
NH Department of Health and Human Services Training and Licensing Information
Certified Recovery Support Worker (CRSW)
The NH Board of Licensing for Alcohol and Other Drug Use Professionals are finalizing rules and anticipates rules will closely align to the IC&RC Peer Recovery certification requirements and adopted as final rules the fall of 2016.
Parts of the CRSW application package needed to get together:
Additional information and practice exams can be found here.
Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS)
New Hampshire is working to increase its Certified Prevention Specialist workforce. Certification is good for two years, and you can receive assistance paying for the training needed for certification and with the application process.
Download the Certified Prevention Specialist Certification Manual HERE
Download the Certified Prevention Specialist Matrix
For more information on certification call or visit:
Prevention Certification Board of New Hampshire
PO Box 1088 Manchester, NH 03105
Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselor (LADC)
We encourage you to consider pursuing LADC licensure to help NH meet the incredible demand for treatment services. To become a NH LADC or MLADC, you need to:
- verify employment and work experience
- document 300 hours of supervision
- fill out a counselor evaluation form
- get 70 contact hours of education and training
- get a background check
- get personal references
- take an exam
- complete a case study
- Contact the licensing board for more information HERE
- Download the LDAC Application Packet HERE
- Download the LDAC Candidate Guide HERE